Adepts Systems Consultants
Find a Job
Accounting & Auditing
/ Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Head of finance
4 days ago
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
Qualification Level: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 5 years
Background and Context
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. It is headquartered in Nairobi, and its mandate covers sub-Saharan Africa. Since its inception in 2003, AATFs project portfolio has grown to ten (10) active projects, which are at various phases of implementation. More information about AATF is available at wvvw.aatf-africa.org
We’re seeking applications from experienced professionals to fill the position of Head of Finance who not only align with our values, but also want to make a difference, develop and inspire others, drive innovative ideas and deliver results. This is a national recruitment position and will be based in Nairobi.
Oversee and manage the preparation of accounting records and reports so as to ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial information in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and taxation requirements. Develop and implement systems and procedures that will enable the Foundation to meet its reporting, budgeting and budget control requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Continually review and upgrade accounting systems and procedures in line with the Foundation’s operating systems and internal control requirements.
· Put the necessary financial plans in place, including monitoring budgets and implementing appropriate controls.
· Support the Director Finance and Administration in the strategic planning and organizational review process.
· Prepare cash flow forecasts, monitor working capital and manage cash balances by initiating/executing appropriate actions including the investment of excess cash and inter-account transfers.
· Undertake timely and accurate preparation of financial, management and donor reports
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
· Masters Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Strategic Management or other related subject
· CPA-K or ACCA qualifications and member of a professional accounting body
· Seven (7) years’ experience in finance with three (3) years at a senior level
· Knowledge of accounting packages such as SUN, Sage Pastel, QuickBooks etc.
How to apply:
Submission of Applications
Application details are available on our https://aatf-africa.org/vacant-position-head-of-finance-no.2018/005 candidates are invited to send their applications on or before 6th April 2018
AATF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organisation. Please note Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job post
LOGIN TO APPLY NOW
Email / Username
Minimum 6 characters
Keep me logged in
Not registered? Sign up
Safe Job Hunting
Banner Ad Rates
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Instagram
The No.1 Job Site. All rights reserved.
Get it on Google Play