Career King Kenya
The Human Resource and Administration Manager will provide strategic leadership for the Human Resource function and assure a team of highly competent, highly productive, well-motivated staff and fairly remunerated staff to assure realization of the Organizations objectives. The position will also be in charge of maintenance of effective harmonious relations, excellent front office services and effective administration of general support services.
Human Resources Management
• Provide day to day advice to Management on HR related issues.
• Implementation of the HR strategy and related KPI’s to support the Club’s business objectives and growth aspirations.
• Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Oversee all staffing needs including, discipline and termination.
• Maintain effective systems of staff training, advancement, performance evaluation, remuneration and succession.
• Ensure maintenance of correct, accurate and updated staff and HR records, in physical and computerized formats.
• Implement and manage the performance management system and ensure its effective execution through the line managers.
• Ensure regular performance appraisals for all employees.
• Oversee the management of the human resources, payroll and salaries databases.
• Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine and recommend market competitive compensation strategies.
• Analyze statistical data and reports and monitor HR metrics to identify areas for weakness and make recommendations for improvement of the Club’s policies and practices;
• Champion People Management issues such as disciplinary issues and staff welfare in relation to Labor laws and market dynamics.
• Responsible for employee guidance and counseling, as and when required.
• Manage employee relations within the organization and ensure adherence to the labor laws.
• Conduct training needs analysis, ensuring input from Line Managers
• Design a training plan, recommend relevant trainings and coordinate training programs including orientation/induction training, using the approved training calendar and budget.
• Arrange for staff meetings and ensure proper record of proceedings.
• Ensure efficient and effective management of the staff benefits and allowances.
• Represents the Club at employee related hearings and investigations.
• Oversee and manage maintenance of office facilities and equipment.
• Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending administration policies and procedures.
Front Office Operations
• Management of the front office staff ensuring excellent customer service and liaising with the external vendor to ensure agreed standards are met.
• Continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
Supervision & Relationship Management
• Facilitate and attend meetings and communicate information to staff, management and golfers.
• Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests, visitors, contractors & suppliers.
• Communicate effectively and have management responsibility for all staff.
• Identify staff development needs, support and guidance and provide adequate development activities to support all staff.
• Ensure performance appraisals of all staff is done at no greater than annual intervals.
• Carry out inductions for new staff.
• Comply with company policies, rules and procedures at all times.
• Provide sound leadership to all staff.
• Prepare comprehensive annual budgets for approval.
• Ensure compliance with approved budgets including prudent and timely spending.
• Ensure highest standards of operational efficiency and quality of service.
• Ensure timely reporting of department performance
• Strategic thinker and influencer
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive
• Good interpersonal skills
• Counselling, mentoring and coaching skills
• Team player
• Results oriented
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or any social science
• Full professional qualification in Human Resource Management
• Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet ability
• Member of IHRM
5 years proven experience in Human Resource Management with at least 2 years in management.
1. To Apply
If you meet the outlined requirements please send your application, including a cover letter, current Curriculum Vitae with telephone contacts of 3 referees and testimonials quoting the job title on the email subject (HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER).
Please note that ONLY candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
2. More Information
For more information about Muthaiga Golf Club, its values and working principles, please visit the Muthaiga Golf Club Website (http://www.muthaigagolfclub.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.