Career King Kenya
Human Resource Manager for a Construction company in Nairobi
Our client, a construction company in Nairobi, is looking for a Human Resource Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop the HR strategy aligned to the organizations’ corporate strategy, goals and targets. He/She will direct, plan, organize and manage the Human Resources department and its activities, in order to effectively lead, advise, manage and guide; management, stakeholders and employees on people issues.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the achievement of
· the overall corporate goals.
· Ensure the department’s management and service level towards the organization’s
· employees, are at an optimal level.
· Provide full relationship support regarding people issues such as conflict resolution,
· performance management, collective agreement interpretation and termination.
· Manage the recruitment and selection process.
· Direct and support the organization in developing strategies related to talent
· management, learning and development, performance management, succession planning and retention.
· Maintain day to day financial control of the human resources department within an
· agreed budget.
· Build external relationships with statutory bodies, and communities in order to support the management, growth and development of the department.
· Identify and meet training needs for the betterment of staff performance and output.
· Monitor retention and productivity levels, ensuring action is taking in view of any obvious areas of concern.
· Oversee operations so as to always be providing a service that is positively effective in meeting the organization’s and its people needs.
· Bachelors and Masters degrees Human Resources or related field.
· 6-8 years’ experience in people management, a minimum of three which should be at Senior
· Management level.
· Experienced in the implementation and management of HR software systems.
· Takes initiative, works with collegiality and is resourceful.
· In-depth knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices.
· Analytical and creative problem solving skills as well as budgeting skills.
· Self-motivated to learn and adopt new concepts and willingly participate in new projects.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 350,000 /= (Approx. 3,500 USD).
Deadline: 20th May 2018.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.