Career King Kenya
Background / General description:
The World Bank Country Office in Kenya is seeking a highly organized and energized professional, capable of operating effectively and discreetly in a very demanding, fast-paced and culturally diverse environment, to work as Office Assistant based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate will work under the leadership of the Country Director and the day to day supervision of the Administrative Officer who provides supervision and guidance to the administration staff. Selected candidate will provide administrative and office support to the Kenya Country Office. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Overview of role:
This is an entry level office support job, which contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the work in the administrative unit. The Administrative Officer supervises and assigns work to the Office Assistant, among other staff. Tasks may vary according to the office support needs and requirements, but typically encompass basic office functions ranging from photocopying to light word processing.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Office Assistant’s duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
(i) Stationery management:
• Maintaining a tracking system for issuing and monitoring office supplies and consumables.
• Ordering, Issuing and monitoring of stationery for the store replenishment, whilst liaising with various suppliers and ensuring that competitive rates for the procurement are obtained from different vendors.
• Maintain a requisite amount of stationery to cater for normal office operations, workshops, etc.
• Ensuring accurate billing/charge back on the invoices.
(ii) Mail Room:
• Management of diplomatic pouch including timely receiving and dispatch per the country office weekly schedule.
• Collection and distribution of mail internally.
• Receiving, on behalf of staff, all external courier, mail, and forwarding to the concerned person as required.
• Accountability for mail management by tracking of mail/shipment and assisting in locating any lost/delayed mail as reported by staff.
• Liaising with WBG courier vendors as necessary on quality of service.
• Analysis of all courier related invoices to ensure conformity to services rendered prior to payment of invoices.
(iii) Drivers’ Focal Point:
• Be the focal point person for all transport requests from staff working closely with the Kenya Country Office Drivers
• Plan and provide transport services for official activities in line with the stipulated transport request procedures, including field trips for staff and mission teams.
• Coordinate transport requests and provide a schedule to the drivers, and maintain regular communication with them on updates.
• Provide updates to the drivers, in coordination with the World Bank’s Security Focal Point, on any alerts/safety information on the road.
• Organize transport for high level staff/VIP staff on mission in Kenya.
• Update and disseminate the internal office directory (with up to date contacts).
• Scrutinize and verify the taxi vouchers before payment.
• Ensure all the photocopier machines and network printer supplies are replenished on a daily basis including paper, toner, etc. Assist in routine trouble shooting of printers/copiers and liaise with the vendor as needed from time to time.
• In-charge of office first aid kits and liaising with the WBG wardens on replenishment.
• Monitor the supply of consumable items by contracted vendors (such as cleaning company, tea services, potable water, etc) against their delivery notes to ensure that the right amount of supplies is delivered.
• Assist with other administrative tasks as needed from time to time
(v) Staff parking program:
• Process requests for parking access cards in line with the parking policy, including liaising with parking access card vendor for issuance of new access cards.
• Maintain and provide an up to date database, whenever required, containing information on staff, vehicle registration, expiry period of access card, staff entry to station and departure dates etc.
• Maintain and provide an up to date database, whenever required, of the list of consultants’ parking.
• Ensure all valid access card holders with access to parking have parking passes synchronized with contract expiry dates as a measure to avoid unauthorized parking.
• Liaising with Security team by obtaining information on defaulters (overnight parking policy).
• Collection of returned access cards at the end of staff contract or upon completion of tour of duty.
• Timely processing of payment due to parking access card vendor for access cards supplied.
• Assist new parking applicants with documentation for security clearance, parking applications, policy documents, etc; and liaising with HR for clearance prior to issuing parking access.
• Coordinate matters relating to the leased external parking facilities used by Bank contractors in line with appropriate policy.
(vi) Back up duties:
• Assist with the Switch Board operation.
• Petty Cash management: Back up in handling the petty cash including banking/withdrawal of cash.
• Assist in shared meeting room assignment for WBG.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.