Career King Kenya
The Research and Learning Manager will support research, learning and evidence generation under the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, contraception without borders project. This project will develop and test a scalable model to increase use of family planning (FP)—from the standpoints of both supply and demand—for nomadic and semi-nomadic communities in six sub-counties located in Wajir (West, North, Eldas) and Mandera (North, Banisa, Takaba) and engage regional stakeholders to share lessons from working with these communities and encourage adoption and/or adaptation of our model. Therefore, the research manager will support the learning, iterative refinement and systematic documentation of the model, which will help inform other partners and Ministries of Health in other countries on scalable approaches that can improve uptake of FP among similar nomadic and semi-nomadic populations.
The research and learning manager, with support of Head of MEAL will also oversee other country research and learning initiatives to provide evidence for programming. The manager will be based in Nairobi with frequent visits required to collect data and hold workshops in the field offices. The specific activities include managing data collection activities, conducting literature review, development of data collection tools as well as conduct data analysis and report writing and lead in learning and dissemination activities. The manager will also document all the learnings from the contraception without borders project as well as from other projects.
Working closely with the head of health and nutrition and the head of MEAL, the manager will bring a high level of technical competence and experience in order to supervise all field activities focused on data collection and data processing. He/she will be responsible for ensuring adequate planning for fieldwork and commitment to agreed deadlines. In addition, he/she will support analysis and reporting using collected data
Contract Duration: 1 year
Qualifications and Experience
· A postgraduate degree in Social sciences, Population studies, Public health, Development studies or other relevant discipline.
· 5 years of experience in similar research-focused positions.
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience of designing and managing high level researches and evaluations.
· Ability to give professional support and direction to others; seek, review and apply best practice from elsewhere.
· Experience of conducting mixed-method research and very good background in qualitative research methods.
· Familiar with learning and knowledge management systems and approaches.
· Familiar with computer adapted data collection platforms
· Conversant with data analysis software, preferably STATA for quantitative data is a requirement.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce and disseminate research and evaluation outputs to variety of audiences using effective approaches
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.