- Job SummaryManage the business relationships & portfolio of intermediaries while growing a high quality loan book.Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 1 year
Commodities Fund is established by Crops Act 2013 under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation to provide sustainable, affordable and accessible credit and advances to crops sector for development of crops regulated under AFA Act 2013. Commodities Fund seeks to recruit experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
CREDIT OFFICER – COMFUND/ADVERT/CRO/01/2018
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Manager Credit and Resource Mobilization, the Credit Officer is responsible for the entire credit administration process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worth of applicants & collections to meet set targets & minimize Portfolio while maximizing volumes, sustainability and profitability
Credit Officer Job Responsibilities
• Manage the business relationships & portfolio of intermediaries while growing a high quality loan book.
• Receive and appraise credit applicants and proposals from farmers.
• Make appropriate recommendations to the Credit manager following credit appraisals and advise the intermediaries with reason for unsuccessful applications.
• Ensure appropriate securities documentation in line with the Fund’s Credit Risk Management policy.
• Prepare and submit disbursement request to the Credit Manager and follow up for approval with credit committee.
• Liaise with the Finance department for disbursements to farmers;
• Ensure that all pertinent reports and supporting documentation required from the farmers are received on time, analyzed and submitted to the appropriate departments.
• Design appropriate field monitoring missions involving the farmers within their catchments and submit timely reports.
• Develop a loan recovery programme for outstanding loans and ensure timely remittance of repayment to the Fund and provide recommendations on strategy to adopt with respect to default cases.
• Contribute to product development to ensure that credit risk exposure is minimized
• Review the loan portfolio on a regular basis and give recommendation on areas of improvement or remedy
• Keeping abreast of issues related to compliance, legal, and market-risk involved in the endorsement of credit
• Manage assigned projects within the Credit department;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum Diploma in Business Related Field/ Agriculture studies or any other relevant course.
• Minimum one (1) year relevant working experience in Credit Appraisal & Administration in a reputable financial institution
• Relevant professional qualifications e.g. CIFA, CPA, ACCA, CCP (Minimum Level 1)
• Post Graduate qualification in Credit Management or its equivalent is an added advantage
• Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
• Results-orientated, adheres to turn around times/deadlines.
• Strong Credit Analytical skills
• Team player, approachable, self-motivated.
• High level of professionalism, integrity and honesty.
• Good Communication and negotiation skills
• Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees. Clearly referenced applications should reach the undersigned by 26th July, 2018.
MANAGING TRUSTEE – COMMODITIES FUND
Railways Headquarters, Block D, 2nd Floor
Workshop Road, Off Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 52714 –00200 NAIROBI
E-mail: [email protected]
All Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
• Clearance Certificate from the HELB;
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
• Clearance from the EACC
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit codf.co.ke.