Commodities Fund is established by Crops Act 2013 under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation to provide sustainable, affordable and accessible credit and advances to crops sector for development of crops regulated under AFA Act 2013. Commodities Fund seeks to recruit experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
SUPPLY CHAIN ASSISTANT – COMFUND/ADVERT/SCA/01/2018
Overall Job Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Management Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for inventory control, custody, distribution, utilization, verification and disposal of stores to ensure optimum stock levels.
Supply Chain Assistant Job Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of procurement plans in adherence to the acceptable standards
• Prepare quarterly and annual procurement reports for submission to Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) in compliance with set requirements
• Conduct market research on goods and services required by the Fund for purposes of cost effective purchase, quality and value for money
• Process requisitions from user sections for goods and services required as per laid down procurement procedures.
• Goods receipt, recording and maintenance of appropriate records
• Maintain stores, take stock and participate in the identification of unserviceable and obsolete stores & equipment for disposal
• Maintain the Funds asset register for accountability and reference.
• Undertake any other duties as allocated from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum Diploma in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Experience in E-procurement strategies
• Served in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years
• Valid membership to Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or an equivalent body;
• Valid license to practice Procurement from KISM
• Certificate in computer applications. Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System is an added advantage
• Good Negotiation and Analytical Skills
• High level of Integrity and Honesty
• Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees. Clearly referenced applications should reach the undersigned by 26th July, 2018.
MANAGING TRUSTEE – COMMODITIES FUND
Railways Headquarters, Block D, 2nd Floor
Workshop Road, Off Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 52714 –00200 NAIROBI
E-mail: [email protected]
All Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
• Clearance Certificate from the HELB;
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
• Clearance from the EACC
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.