Commodities Fund is established by Crops Act 2013 under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation to provide sustainable, affordable and accessible credit and advances to crops sector for development of crops regulated under AFA Act 2013. Commodities Fund seeks to recruit experienced, highly motivated and results oriented individuals to fill the following positions:
SYSTEMS AUDITOR- COMFUND/ADVERT/SYO/01/2018
Overall Job Purpose
Under direct supervision of the Internal Auditor, the System Auditor performs detailed evaluation of internal controls and reviews computer information systems.
Systems Auditor Job responsibilities.
• Perform general and application control reviews for computer information systems.
• Perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance. iii) Direct and/or perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Recommend revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the Fund by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
• Prepare audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to Management.
• Follow up on audit findings to ensure that Management has taken corrective action(s).
• Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
• Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or Finance.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• At least 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above
• Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of expertise.
• Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems.
• Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
• Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
• Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer systems development and programming.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• High level of Integrity and honesty.
• Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees. Clearly referenced applications should reach the undersigned by 26th July, 2018.
MANAGING TRUSTEE – COMMODITIES FUND
Railways Headquarters, Block D, 2nd Floor
Workshop Road, Off Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 52714 –00200 NAIROBI
E-mail: [email protected]
All Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
• Clearance Certificate from the HELB;
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
• Clearance from the EACC
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.