County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/038/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATION, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (3) POSTS.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Ensure all office administrative programs are coordinated and implemented effectively in all sections and units;
• Liaison and /or management of task force activities;
• Ensure that the office administrative issues are handled properly and in a timely manner;
• Monitor commitments, expenditure and re-imbursements are in for compliance with the budget.
• Oversee preparation and control preparation of required reports;
• Analyze effectiveness of administrative policies, rules and regulations in the office;
• Facilitate the audit of the Office activities as per agreed audit cycle;
• Communicate changes prevailing in administration policies to all affected divisions and sections;
• Ensuring conducive working environment that is clean and secure at the headquarters offices;
• Preparation of various agendas for meetings;
• Plan economic use of materials and human resources;
• Perform and other duty(s) assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
• Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in administration services of not less than Five (5) years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the field of administration in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Master’s Degree in any social science or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya is an added advantage;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Course from a recognized Institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services;
• Demonstrated professional competence, leadership and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results;
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply