County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/044/2017/2018: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – (STRUCTURAL, BUILDINGS AND ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES), JOB GROUP „P‟, SIX (6) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Designing and supervision of construction of civil and structural works;
• Checking and monitoring projects designed by consulting engineers;
• Preparation of tender documents and cost estimates for civil and structural works;
• Carrying out structural integrity surveys on existing building and analysis of test results;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; civil/structural Engineering, architecture or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career civil/structural Engineering services of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. A current valid annual practicing license from Engineers Board of Kenya;
v. Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
vi. Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.