County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/050/2017/2018: DATA ANALYSTS, JOB GROUP “K”, TWO (2) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Collecting and collating information from various data sources for analysis;
• Evaluates County Government activities, transactions, and seasonality & trends to build accurate forecasts for both short and long term;
• Maintaining relevant statistics on county activities in figures;
• Carrying out commissioned researches on specific area of interest;
• Assisting in preparing relevant information reports for relevant County Assembly committees;
• Pulling data and instructing others on pulling data;
• Assist the planning team communicate with affiliate networks;
• Assisting in workshops planning;
• Ability to interpret data and use it to formulate strategy;
• Make quick mathematical decisions which will have an impact on the bottom line for the County Government functions;
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Three (3) years of experience , one (1) of which must be at a managerial position involved in data analysis in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Experience working with MS Excel, MS Access, MySQL and other databases, ERPs or POS systems and STATA, preferably experience with R;
iv. Strong working experience Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
v. Be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
vi. Detail oriented with Strong mathematical and analytical skills to create complex formulas and handle large amounts of data.
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.