County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/010/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, CULTURE, ARTS AND HERITAGE, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Provide strategic leadership and administration on all matters concerning Culture, arts and heritage;
• Monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of national and local laws and policies on Culture, Arts and Heritage in the county;
• Plan, implement, monitor the development Culture, Arts and Heritage; such as Art Centers, museums;
• Oversee the interpretation and implementation of Culture, Arts and Heritage related policies, as well as development of regulations in line with County and National legislation;
• Promote and encourage the access to participation in and enjoyment of Culture, Arts and Heritage activities;
• Enhance the integration Culture, Arts and Heritage into all aspects of socio-economic development;
• Plan and develop proper research practices in relation to Culture, Arts and Heritage;
• Develop and maintain appropriate records of all Culture, Arts and Heritage resources within the County;
• Advising on matters regarding Culture, Arts and Heritage;
• Liaising with NGO, community based organizations and other stakeholders on matters regarding community Culture, Arts and Heritage in the county;
• Monitoring and evaluating community awareness and involvement in Culture, Arts and Heritage development initiatives in the county;
• Coordinating the collection, analysis and dissemination of community in Culture, Arts and Heritage information in the county;
• Supervising, registering and promoting community development groups in Culture, Arts and Heritage;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Be a holder of at least a relevant first degree in any of the social sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in Culture and Art matters the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage;
iv. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of Culture and Art activities.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply