County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/011/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, GENDER AND YOUTH AFFAIRS, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Implementing policy and legislation frameworks for gender development in the County;
• Integrate gender and youth issues in programs, capacity buildings of communities to participate in development project, and involve women and vulnerable groups and activities that promote their welfare;
• Coordinate and monitor the thirty percent (30%) affirmative action on gender representation and in socio economic development;
• To coordinate the provision of alternative financial support through the women enterprise fund (WEF);
• Coordinate and Monitor the promotion of awareness on harmful cultural practices such as female genital mutilation (FGM) and gender based violence (FBV) ;
• Plan and Implement the program related to gender and youth affairs;
• Maintain records and list of all gender and youth related activities within the county;
• Promote community participation and inter-county gender and youth related activities;
• Craft presentations and other outreach activities within the county on gender and youth;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s Degree in social work/community development or relevant field;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in gender and youth affairs of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage;
iv. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of gender matters.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.