County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/013/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES, JOB GROUP “R” ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Planning, Controlling and coordinating Mechanical, electrical and electronic for government buildings and construction works
• Repair and maintenance of government electric and electronic installations in government institutions;
• Checking and recommending for approval of engineering consultant’s designs;
• Evaluation, certifying and recommending fees submitted by consultants;
• Co-ordination of improvement of electrical and electronic services;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5), in electrical service management three (3) years of which should be at a mid-level management position in electrical
Services and programmes management in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
iv. Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
v. Current valid annual Practicing License from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
vi. Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of electrical services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply