County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/028/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (ECDE), JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Assist in the operations and administration of the Directorate (ECDE);
• Assist in the development and management of projects and programs on ECDE;
• Coordination of implementation of policies and plans in ECDE;
• Assist in Implementing basic primary education (BPE) investment programme as contained in the Kenya education sector support programme (KESSP), which covers primary school infrastructures, early childhood development and education, non- instructional materials, (pre- service among others);
• Assist in Mainstreaming of cross- cutting issues and ensuring quality implementation at county level;
• Assist in expanding education (ECDE) opportunities in the county, capacity building, guidance and counseling;
• Assist in Policy formulation and implementation at the county level;
• Assist in Monitoring and reporting on the activities of ECDE sector;
• Assist technically to facilitate the County Government to develop and implement an ECDE strategy to guide the county policy framework and implementation, including a review of national and cross-sectoral policies, guidelines, and international inter venations and policy frame work s on Education;
• Assist to develop an education knowledge base and a study on public finance related to ECDE at county level;
• Support the county technical working group for implementation of ECDE policy and action plan;
• Provide technical and coordination support to the counterparts and partners in mainstreaming the ECDE guidelines for county governments;
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Be a holder of at least a bachelor of education degree in Early Child hood education or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in education management of not less than five (5) years three (3) of which must be at a senior managerial position in education management services or equivalent in public or the private sector;
iii. A relevant master’s degree in education will be an added advantage;
iv. Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence;
v. Be well versed in education policy design and development, monitoring and evaluation;
vi. Have excellent communication and public relations skills to deal with the coordination of development partners and other stakeholders;
vii. Knowledge in project planning and strategic management;
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.