County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/025/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ELECTRICAL SERVICES, JOB GROUP “Q”ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Assist in the formulation, reviewing and updating policies, systems and procedures for design and installation of electrical/ electronic equipment in the County Government institutions and sites;
• Assist in the formulating and reviewing general policies on procurement of electrical/electronic services to ensure efficiency in public works;
• Assist in the overall planning, controlling and co-ordination of electrical services, designs, installation and maintenance;
• Assist in the carrying out quality assurance on civil/structural engineering services;
• Assist in the approval of consultant’s designs; and coordinating evaluation and monitoring adherence and compliance with the set commitments and indicators in the departmental performance contract;
• Assist in the overall supervision of staff, control discipline, training and development of staff;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; electrical Engineering or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in electrical services of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be considered an added advantage.
iv. Been registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya or be a registered member of a relevant professional body;
v. Corporate membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
vi. Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Attended a Strategic Leadership Course from a recognized Institution; and
x. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of electrical services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to appl