County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/039/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ENERGY, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
i. Assist in Planning, coordinating and developing renewable energy programmes in Turkana County;
ii. Assist in coordinating energy efficiency and conservation programme in Turkana County;
iii. Assist in Identifying and planning feasibility studies to be undertaken on harnessing of renewable energy resources in Turkana County;
iv. Assist in Planning, developing and coordinating outreach programmes in the county;
v. Assist in Participating in energy policy formation in the county;
vi. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for Appointment:-
• A Bachelor’s degree holder in Energy engineering with a bias in petroleum energy or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized in Kenya
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in energy management of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Membership to a professional association/body will be an added advantage;
• A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of energy management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.