County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/016/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, FISHERIES, JOB GROUP „R‟ ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Coordination, supervision and implementation of technical fisheries activities in the county;
• Develop and Implement fisheries policy, strategic plans, fisheries management measures and regulations;
• Link with other directorate in planning and budgeting for the ministry;
• Administer fisheries human resources and preparation of appraisal forms;
• Formulate, update and enforce fisheries legislation;
• Liaise with research institutions and other agencies towards fisheries development in the County;
• Organize extension approaches and methodologies;
• Oversee implementation fisheries management measures;
• Formulate, implement and monitor resource conservation intervention strategies;
• Monitor fish seed and feed production programs;
• Design fish marketing strategies;
• Promote fish and fishery product value addition;
• Monitor and evaluate of fish projects/programs;
• Undertake applied research; liaise with research institutions for research programs and dissemination of research findings;
• Manage fisheries data bank;
• Coordinating resource utilization;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree In Fisheries or related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in fisheries management of not less than seven (7) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senor managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Be conversant with national and international fisheries agreements, conventions, protocols and laws of the sea;
iv. A Master’s Degree in Fisheries Management, Marine Ecology, Aqua-Culture, Zoology, Wild Life, Food Science and Technology, Bio Chemistry or related field from a recognized university/institution is an added advantage;
v. Demonstrated high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and result;
vi. Membership of professional association/body will be an added advantage;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of mineral resource management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply