County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/057/2017/2018: GENDER OFFICER II, JOB GROUP „J‟, SEVEN (7) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
i. Collecting data on Gender mainstreaming, socio-economic empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender Based Violence programmes and projects;
ii. Handling logistics issues relating to administration of training programmes on gender mainstreaming, social economic empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender Based Violence; and
iii. Counseling victims of Gender Based Violence.
Requirements for appointment:-
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Gender and Development, Sociology, Business Administration (Finance/Entrepreneurship Option), anthropology or any other relevant social science from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution.
• Three years of experience in the field, one (1) of which must be at a mid-level
• Managerial position in gender affairs in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.