County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/007/2017/18: DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Formulating, implementing and reviewing human resource management and development policies, rules and regulations;
• Advising the authorized officer on the exercise of delegated powers and ensuring that professional human resource management standards are maintained;
• Advising the ministry on career and succession management, human resource planning and optimal utilization of human resources;
• Coordinating the implementation of performance management systems, including Performance Appraisal System and the rewards and sanctions framework;
• Liaising with the Public Service Board and Ministry responsible for finance on human resource matters;
• Identifying, designing and overseeing the implementation of training programmes based on the needs of the County Public Service;
• Interpreting labour laws and other statutes that impact on the human resource at the Ministry/State Department;
• Coordinating budget preparation for personnel emoluments;
• Overseeing the development and maintenance of an up-to-date human resource development database;
• Overseeing the budgeting, fair allocation and optimal utilization of training resources and opportunities.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Sociology, Political Science/Government or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in matters of Human resource management and development of not less than seven (7) years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or its equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in Human Resource/Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Public/Business Administration, Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and Member of a relevant professional body;
iv. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to transform them into Human Resource Management and Development policies and programmes;
vii. Demonstrated a thorough understanding of relevant legislation, best practices and emerging issues in Human Resource Management and Development.
viii. Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the human resource and a thorough understanding of the human resource issues and emerging human resource management practices/ techniques.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.