County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/018/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) AND e-GOVERNMENT, JOB GROUP “R”ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Advice and guide the County Government on ICT Policy, strategy and implementation of ICT projects in compliance with national and county legal and regulatory requirements;
• Implement County/National ICT policy and e-Government master plans;
• Oversee the implementation and maintenance of ICT Infrastructure in line with ICT growth, plans and changing business requirements or technology advancements;
• Implementation of recommendation contained in the ICT transformation road-map that is anchored in the CIDP;
• Maintain the community information centers at all levels;
• Development and implementation of computerized information systems and IT infrastructure provide effective technical support in the maintenance of ICT systems and equipment and ensure they are always in good working conditions;
• Provide consulting services on automation on internal processes for all County Government services in liaison with users in order to provide enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery;
• Provide ICT service to the County Government that include carrying out system design, installations, analysis, configuration, repair and maintenance of local and wide area networks and associated peripherals;
• Ensure verification, validation and certification of ICT equipment before commissioning;
• Manage and provide oversight for implementation of any ICT strategy and disaster recovery plans that minimize the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of County Government information data base.
• Design and development of an interactive website which information for public consumption can be uploaded thus provide a communication channel for exchange of views and opinions;
• Develop an internal communication network service through creation of an intranet/extranet system where the County Government information will be posted and accessed by staff and authorized persons;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, ICT or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Knowledge in computer programming and operational computer management systems;
iii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in ICT and e-Governance of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iv. Possession of professional qualification in ICT such as certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information System Analyst (CISM), Microsoft Certified Data- base Administrator among others will be an added advantage;
v. Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage;
vi. Excellent information technology skills;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of information communication technology (ICT) and e-government services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.