County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/049/2017/2018: ICT OFFICER, e – Surveillance- Disease control, JOB GROUP “K”, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Supervise the e-surveillance system operations at the headquarters and technical backstopping to the sub-county teams;
• Coordinate on behalf of the county Director the implementation of e-surveillance and system of disease reporting across sub-counties in liaison with the technicians/staff assigned or deployed to the section;
• Participate in developing disease investigation protocols related to The County e-surveillance system, and link it up a robust Monitoring & Evaluation Frame work;
• Supervise all e-surveillance tasks associated with livestock diseases control framework;
• Process through the system annual, quarterly and monthly reports on disease surveillance and control activities and make them available to the user department-Veterinary services and other related functions in the ministry of Agriculture, Pastoral Economy & Fisheries
• Ensure smooth running of e-surveillance system;
• Coordinate ICT requisitions and check on use, efficacy and maintenance associated with the e-surveillance system;
• Ensure timely feedback/dissemination of results to user sub-counties/staff and/or pastoralists groups through the surveillance teams;
• Liaison with ICT Directorate on any matter related to Training on e-surveillance for sustainable monitoring and Evaluation of Disease control/rapid Response initiatives;
• Support the Directorate of Veterinary Services and related functions in Budgeting for e-surveillance system;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment:-
i. Bachelor of Science (ICT) or a discipline in Communication with a background in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning(MEAL)
ii. Have served as a surveillance/ICT Support and/or A monitoring & Evaluation officer for a minimum period of one year in an institution of communication and surveillance based programming leading to reports generation for decision making.
iii. Member of IT Professionals in Kenya or related Associations
iv. Have demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional Competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the reporting system customized to a professional environment with diversity focus
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.