County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/058/2017/2018: INFORMATION COMMUNICATION OFFICER (ICT) OFFICER II, JOB GROUP “J”, ELEVEN (11) POSTS.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Installation and maintenance of computer systems;
• Configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network;
• Developing and updating application systems; and
• Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users;
• Carrying out repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
• Drawing up hardware specifications for Information Communication Technology equipment;
• Verification, validation and certification of Information Communication Technology equipment;
• Overseeing the process of configuration of new Information Communication Technology equipment.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment:-
i. Bachelor of Science (ICT) or Computer science
ii. Member of IT Professionals in Kenya or related Associations
iii. Have demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional Competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of the reporting system customized to a professional environment with diversity focus
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply