County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/006/2017/18: DIRECTOR, INSPECTORATE, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Operationalization of the County Inspectorate and Enforcement policies and guidelines to ensure effective implementation of County laws;
• Carry out inspections to ensure compliance with set standards in respect of the functions of the County Government as specified under Part 2 of the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution;
• Command and control of the enforcement Directorate;
• Establish systems for effective collaboration with national government security agencies, the judiciary, communities and other stakeholders for effective enforcement of county laws;
• Ensuring adherence to the County legislation and adherence, within the County, National legislation to the extent that the legislation so requires;
• Enforce County legislations, regulations and any other matter that may be required by any other applicable law or as directed by any department of the County Government;
• Enforce revenue collection (Cess, service fees and land rates collection) within the County and adopt modern technologies and innovation to improve the effectiveness of enforcement;
• Carry out internal investigations for the County Government;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Have a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya in any of the following; Criminology, Security, forensics, Military science or any related discipline;
ii. Demonstrate thorough understanding of constitutional provisions related with law
Enforcement and any other relevant laws and allied legislation;
iii. Demonstrated high integrity, good communication skills, interpersonal relations and be a team player;
iv. Must have served in the disciplined forces for a period of not less than seven (7) years or in a relevant and comparable field in the private sector, three (3) of which must have been in a senior management position in the disciplined forces or equivalent position in Town/City Inspectorate or private sector;
v. A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage;
vi. Member of a security professional body, and in possession of any of the following certification courses- CSMP,CFE CPP or equivalent will be an added advantage;
vii. Have passed the Inspectors’ leadership course, for officers from the defunct local authorities;
viii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
x. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of Inspectorate services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to appl