County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/003/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, LIAISON SERVICES, JOB
GROUP „R‟ ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Coordination of liaison matters for efficient engagement with officials from other
Governments, development partners and including officials from diplomatic missions;
• Ensure that relations with other Governments and international organizations are carried out in accordance with standard liaison practices;
• Extend efficient and effective liaison services in accordance with standard practices;
• Facilitation of official engagement between County Governments with other visiting
Governments, foreign officials and Diplomatic Corps;
• Provide liaison advice and services to County Government and the public;
• Coordinate State/Official visits, both inbound and outbound;
• Organize County, National and International summits/conferences/ meetings/ events;
• Facilitate representation of the County Government abroad;
• Facilitating meetings, ensure proper etiquette for official engagements, and streamline interactions with dignitaries and other VIPs;
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements and competencies for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Public
Relation, Communications Studies, Strategic Planning
, International Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in liaison services of not less than seven (7) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senor managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A Master’s Degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Public Relations or any other related field is an added advantage;
iv. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of liaison services management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.