County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/036/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Coordinate the implementation of livestock development policies in the County;
• Assist to manage the department of livestock human resource capacity development;
• Assist manage fiscal resources for the department, provision and improvement of administrative services;
• Supervise and manage staff, programs and administrative functions for the department.
• Assist promote collaboration of stakeholders’ participation in extension delivery;
• Assist coordinate livestock extension research liaison and training programs in the County;
• Assist in coordination and implementation of work plans and budgets for livestock production department;
• Assist in the compilation of periodic reports and preparation of performance contracts for department;
• Provide technical guidance in all aspects of livestock production and development;
• Provide resource in livestock and fisheries technical forums, workshops and seminars;
• Facilitate the development of livestock micro enterprises value addition and business plans in the county;
• Provide and improve administrative links between the county headquarters and the field services; and
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of livestock projects and programs.
Requirements for appointment
i. Bachelor’s degree in Livestock production or related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in livestock production services management of not less than five (5) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senior managerial position in the public service or its equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A Master of Science degree in any of the following:-Animal Science/Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agriculture and Home Economics, Range Management/Natural Resource Management, Livestock and Agricultural Economics and Dairy Technology from a recognized university/institution will be an added advantage.
iv. Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of livestock production management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.