County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/024/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR MECHANICAL SERVICES, JOB GROUP “Q” ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Assist in reviewing and updating policies, systems and procedures for design and installation of mechanical and fire services;
• Assist in formulating and reviewing general policies on procurement of spare parts to ensure efficiency in the repair and maintenance of all plants and equipment;
• Assist in overall planning, controlling and co-ordination of mechanical and fire engineering services designs, installation and maintenance;
• Assist in carrying out quality assurance of fire and mechanical services;
• Approval of consultant’s designs; and co-coordinating evaluation and monitoring adherence and compliance with the set commitments and indicators in the departmental performance contract;
• Advice the Director on matters concerning mechanical engineering;
• Carry out motor Vehicle Inspection and ensuring insurance compliance of county fleet;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in management of transport and mechanical services and programs in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. Be registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
v. corporate Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
vi. Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of mechanical building services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.