County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/053/2017/2018: MINERAL RESOURCE OFFICER, JOB GROUP „K‟, FOUR (4) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Designing, developing, monitoring and appraising of mineral resources programs and projects
• Collating and analyzing data on mineral resources activities
• Coordinating demonstration, extension, and promotion of mining and quarrying technology transfer activities
• Promoting use of safe and environmentally friendly technologies utilization practices
• Promote local capacity building in the mining sector
• Participating in collaborative research activities;
• Training and sensitizing the local community on mineral resource emerging issues following the discovery of minerals in the county.
• Implementing projects on mainstreaming of climate change mitigation and adaptation in mineral resource development;
• Implement programs that will Support sector players (artisanal and quarry miners) participation in mining and marketing of their products
Requirements for appointment:-
i. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Geology or Geosciences, pure or applied sciences from a university recognized in Kenya.
i. Have relevant knowledge, experience and has served in the mineral/mining industry for not less than three (3) years;
ii. Demonstrated professional competence and merit as reflected in work performance
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply