County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/030/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, MONITORING AND EVALUATION, JOB GROUP „Q‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Provide leadership and administration in Implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities in the County;
• Oversee the monitoring and evaluation activities included in the CIDP, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning;
• Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
• Develop a flexible monitoring and evaluation systems across intervention components, supporting the adaptive management approach of a large, cross-cutting and regional projects;
• Coordinate the preparation of all monitoring and evaluation reports ,guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission;
• Prepare consolidated progress reports for the COMEC, including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and provision of specific recommendations;
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate committees, (including citizens participation fora), and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action;
• Undertake regular field visits to support implementation of monitoring and Evaluation, check the quality of data produced, and identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations with Project Managers;
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring;
• Organize and provide refresher training in monitoring and evaluation for CIDP projects/programmes and other agencies implementing staff, county-based NGOs and key county stakeholders with a view to developing local monitoring and evaluation
• Perform any other duty assigned that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics or related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in monitoring and evaluation of not less than five (5) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senor managerial position in M&E in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Computer Science, Human, Resource
iv. Management/Development, Valuation, Construction Management, Engineering, Supplies Management, Law or any other relevant qualification from a recognized Institution is an added advantage;
v. Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English;
vi. Demonstrated experience in gathering, organizing and analyzing large amounts of data as well as the ability to design manageable, transparent M&E systems that report progress against indicators throughout the life of a project;
vii. Experience building and implementing M&E systems across broad and cross-cutting program objectives; demonstrated outstanding professional and managerial competence; and a clear understanding of government goals and strategies and be able to integrate them within the overall National development goals;
viii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
x. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of monitoring and evaluation services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.