County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/043/2017/2018: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, MONITORING AND EVALUATION, JOB GROUP „P‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Provide technical field support to the M&E Directorate;
• Support all M&E initiatives including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary;
• Support in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
• Support in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of projects;
• Assist in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff;
• Assist in clarifying project information needs;
• Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress, draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals);
• Support in reviewing the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources;
• Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within field teams;
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions;
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected to verify the accuracy of reported data;
• Participate project evaluations;
• Assist in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, project management, information management or related field from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. 5 years of experience , three (3) of which must be at a mid-level managerial position in Monitoring and Evaluation in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A Master in relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports;
v. Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis;
vi. Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluation.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.