County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/004/2017/18: DIRECTOR, PARTNERSHIP AND INTER-GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS. JOB GROUP “R”, ONE (1) POST.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Responsible for overall strategic policy direction of partnership and intergovernmental relations functions.
• Implementation of intervention measures and determining support requirements to address performance gaps in the counties;
• Coordinating and conducting sectoral fora on intergovernmental relations;
• Developing frameworks for agreement between national and county governments in matters of mutual interest;
• Spearheading establishment and ensuring implementation of mechanisms for alternative dispute resolution;
• Developing and implementation of frameworks relating to intergovernmental relations;
• Facilitating the work of the departmental through development of County government position papers;
• Ensuring implementation of appropriate interventions approved by parliament and resolutions on intergovernmental sectoral fora;
• Supervising monitoring and evaluating the status of intergovernmental relations;
• Organizing for bilateral consultations between national government and individual county governments;
• Provides assistance in drafting of County Government bi-lateral agreements, budget agreements or contributions for grants or other activities as appropriate;
• Identifying investment opportunities with local and overseas investors;
• Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public/Business Administration, Law, Economics, Statistics, Leadership and Governance/Management, Sociology, Anthropology, Conflict and Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Assistance, Commerce, legal analysis or its equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5)years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in partnerships and intergovernmental relations field in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public/Business Administration, Law, Management, Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Policy Analysis, Leadership and Governance/Management, Public Relations or Conflict Management and Resolution or related field from a recognized university/institution is an added advantage.
• Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services;
• Demonstrated professional competence, leadership and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply