County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/054/2017/2018: PETROLEUM OFFICER, JOB GROUP „K‟, TWO (2) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Supervision and coordination over all county matters relating to Upstream and downstream Petroleum activities.
• Planning, developing and coordinating petroleum outreach programmers in the County
• Participating in petroleum policy formation for the county, Advising and Guiding the county government on suitable legislative regulations on petroleum
• Training and sensitizing the local community on petroleum emerging issues following the discovery of oil in the county.
• Developing and updating the Petroleum database in the ministry;
• Facilitating exchange of petroleum information among various stakeholders within the county;
• Render advice and technical support, where possible, to entities engaged in energy and petroleum projects so as to enable them to carry out their responsibilities satisfactorily
• Advice the county government on inter-governmental petroleum treaties and agreements to which Turkana County should be a party and follow up the implementation of such agreements where Turkana County is a party.
Requirement for appointment:-
ii. A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering (Chemical, Petroleum, Mechanical, Reservoir, Pipelines, Electrical), Geology or Geosciences, pure or applied sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
iii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and has served in the petroleum industry for not less than three (3) years;
iv. Demonstrated professional competence and merit as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.