County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/046/2017/18: PRINCIPAL PROTOCOL OFFICER, JOB GROUP „N‟ ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Assist in planning, organizing and supervising protocol activities;
• Assist in coordinating all protocol related activities;
• Planning, managing, documenting and reporting on Government Protocol Service;
• Providing protocol support and public relations services;
• Implementing activities and assignments relating to maintaining and enhancing the image of the County Government;
• Facilitating movement, accommodation and appointments for County officials and guests;
• Planning and coordinating protocol service during official events, important meetings and receptions organized by the Government;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
I. Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Public Relations or any other relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya;
II. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in protocol services management of not less than three (3) years ,one (1) of which must be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
III. Attended a supervisory course lasting not less than One (1) weeks from a recognized institution;
IV. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of protocol services.
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.