County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/014/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, PUBLIC WORKS, JOB GROUP “R” ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Provides oversight of the divisions within the Directorate and interprets and oversees compliance with laws, regulations, codes and/or standards;
• Review and formulation construction and civil engineering services in the department and county government institutions and sites;
• Co-ordination of design, supervision of construction and maintenance of buildings, civil and other public works;
• Reviewing and updating policies, systems and procedures for design in civil/structural engineering services;
• Planning, design, supervision of construction, contracts, materials investigation and research related to buildings and other structures
• Formulating and reviewing general policies on procurement and maintenance of infrastructure;
• Overall planning, controlling and co-ordination of structural and civil engineering services designs and implementation;
• Carrying out quality assurance on civil/structural engineering services;
• Approval of consultant’s designs; and coordinating evaluation and monitoring adherence and compliance with the set commitments and indicators in the departmental performance contract;
• Advice the Chief Officer on matters of Public Works;
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; civil/structural Engineering, Architecture, Quantity survey or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career structural Engineering services of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. A current valid annual practicing license from Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
v. Membership to with relevant professional body;
vi. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply