County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/023/2017/2018: MEDICAL SPECIALIST (RADIOLOGIST), JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Acquiring and interpreting various types of medical images including radiographs to diagnose medical conditions.
• Assess patients and perform imaging services of high diagnostic value, report a variety of routine examinations and special procedures i radiography.
• Provide treatment for a wide of common problems in consultation with other specialists.
• Supervise other medical personnel (Clinical officers, Lab technicians and nurses)
• Play a central role in clinical governance.
• Attends to emergency calls
• Communicate diagnosis to physicians and or patients through PACS directly.
• Recommend the type of Radiology procedure suitable for the benefit of the patient.
• Ensuring availability and keeping control of relevant consumable X-Ray supplies.
• Ensuring medical procedures and policies are followed.
• Planning, organizing and supervising the provision of Quality radiology service.
• Ensuring that all Radiology safety rules and regulations are followed.
• Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields: Radiography Sciences, Radiography Technology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Radiation Technology, Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution is added advantage; and
iii. Demonstrate a high degree of administrative capability in the management of Radiography services and possess broad experience in the formulation of Radiography policies.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.