County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/019/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, RESOURCE MOBILIZATION, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Development and implementation of external resources mobilization policies;
• Aid and grants resource mobilization;
• Reviewing financing and agreements for both loans, grants and donations;
• Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts and foundations, etc., finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the County’s, or its partners vision and activities;
• Facilitate and monitor implementation of donor funded projects; facilitating fulfillment of conditions precedent;
• Liaison with other counties and undertake research on external resources mobilization to inform policy development. Mobilization of the External Resources from various Development Partners who include Multilateral, Bilateral Donors and other Foundations;
• Negotiations with Development Partners to avail External Resources to the Line Ministries where he is a member of the County Delegation or the Leader of the County Delegation;
• Educate and update investors about the economic performance of the County government;
• Develop and execute the global investor relations programme that accurately reflects the County government investment climate;
• Lead the development of strategy, operating plans, budget, and execution of the investor relations programme that may include among others; facilitating two-way communication channels with investors;
• Approaching and raising funds from trusts, partners/donors, Banks and foundations within Kenya and abroad;
• Facilitating co-financing opportunities for partner organizations;
• Developing and coordinating a web-based fundraising initiative, if needed;
• Organizing events for partnership building between implementers and potential partners;
• Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration and Business Administration.
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career resource mobilization field of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the field of administration in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s Degree in any social science or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya is an added advantage;
iv. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Attended a Strategic Leadership Course from a recognized Institution; and
vii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.