County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/037/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR- REVENUE, JOB GROUP “Q” (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Assist in the Implementation of county policies and regulations on revenue collection and enforcement;
• Assist in the development and implementation of plans to operationalize the County revenue policies in a way that will enhance efficient revenue collection and growth in sustainable manner;
• Assist in the design of effective, efficient and secure systems of revenue collection and the system must have the capacity to minimize leakage, fraud and avoidance of due payments;
• Maintain complete and up to date record of all the revenue sources/centers, rates and revenue collected.
• Project regular revenue collection enforcement trends for planning and decision making by senior County Government officials;
• Maintain and manage cordial relationships with rate payers in the county and negotiate where necessary in a way that will enhance revenue collection;
• Train, develop, support and deploy revenue collectors at different level of the county government;
• Set high but realistic and achievable collection targets for all revenue collectors;
• Design performance evaluation systems that track progresses on targets;
• Identify new revenue streams for the county government and optimal rates;
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports on revenue collections
• Undertake any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification)
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in a busy commercial or public financial Accounting and treasury environment of not less than five (5) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senior managerial position in public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or their approved relevant equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution is an added advantage;
iv. Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
v. Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
vi. Attended a project development and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
vii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation in financial accounting/revenue collection service.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.