County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/031/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ROADS AND TRANSPORT, JOB GROUP “Q”ONE (1) POST,
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Assist in the reviewing and updating policies, systems and procedures for design and installation of civil engineering services;
• formulating and reviewing general policies on procurement of spare parts to ensure efficiency in the repair and maintenance of roads infrastructure;
• Assist in the overall planning, controlling and co-ordination of civil engineering services designs and implementation;
• Carrying out quality assurance on civil engineering services;
• Approval of consultant’s designs; and co-coordinating evaluation and monitoring adherence and compliance with the set commitments and indicators in the departmental performance contract;
• Advise Director- Roads on matters civil engineering.
• Performing any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; civil Engineering, or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in management of civil engineering services and programs in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. be registered member of relevant professional body;
v. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of civil engineering services and programs.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply