County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/027/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR – SOCIAL PROTECTION, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Assist in coordinating the effective delivery of community based social Protection services in the county;
• Assist in monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of national and county laws and policies on social protection development services in the county;
• Advising on matters regarding community social protection services;
• Liaising with NGO, community based organizations and other stakeholders on matters regarding community social protection services in the county;
• Monitoring and evaluating community awareness and involvement in socio- economic development initiatives in the county;
• Coordinating the collection, analysis and dissemination of community based information in the county;
• Registering and promoting community development groups;
• Implementing policy and legislation frameworks for gender and social development;
• Integrate gender issues in programs, capacity buildings of communities to participate in development projects, and involve women and vulnerable group’s activities that promote their welfare;
• Assist in the provision of financial subsidies to build capacity of households with needy persons aged 65 years and persons living with disabilities (PWDs);
• Integrate disability issues in the programs;
• Assist in the coordination and monitoring of disability mainstreaming in county program and projects;
• Coordinate and monitor training of persons with disabilities in vocational rehabilitation centers (VRCs);
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Be a holder of a relevant first degree in any of the social sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5)years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in social protection services in public service or its equivalent in the private sector;
i. A Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage;
iii. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
iv. Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
v. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of social protection services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.brightermonday.co.ke.