County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/022/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, SPORTS, JOB GROUP „R‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Identifying sports, recreation, health initiatives and overseeing strategic planning and implementation in Turkana County;
• Coordinating, delivering and promoting sports activities, classes and events in the county;
• Recruiting, training, supporting, developing and managing coaches and sports activities volunteers in the county;
• Raising public awareness of health and fitness issues and promoting participation in sports, particularly amongst under-represented groups in the county;
• Liaising with clubs to develop best practice in coaching, youth development and issues such as safeguarding to manage clubs effectively;
• Managing resource, budgets and identifying potential opportunities for external funding;
• Maintaining links with regional and national sporting representatives and organizations;
• Coordinating the formulation and implementation of policies, programmed, strategies, plans and activities that promote sports development in the county;
• Coordinating the development of guidelines to strengthen linkages and dynamic partnership between stakeholders on promotion of sport;
• Ensuring that an integrated youth information system is developed;
• Perform any other duty (ies) assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Be a holder of at least a relevant first degree in any of the social sciences from a university recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position sports management services in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A Master’s in relevant field is an added advantage;
iv. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
v. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of sports management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply