County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/045/2017/2018: SENIOR SUPERINTENDING ENGINEER (STRUCTURAL/ARCHITECTURAL), JOB GROUP „N‟, SIX (6) POSTS
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Will be deployed as Clerk of Works for buildings under construction or as a supervisor for maintenance works;
• Preparation and detailing of structural and civil works drawings for various structures;
• Reading and interpreting Architectural and Engineering drawings;
• Comparing details with work on site and compiling weekly reports;
• Assisting in planning a building programme for a group of buildings;
• Ensuring that construction work in progress is in accordance with specifications and taking details of provisional items
• Supervision of Artisans carrying out repairs and alterations of existing buildings
• Preparation of cost of estimated and schedules of materials;
• Any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. A Diploma in Building or Civil Engineering or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Construction Technician certificate Part III or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized;
iii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
iv. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in civil/ structural/Architectural Engineering services of not less than five (5), three (3) year of which should be at a supervisory position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
v. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of quantity survey services.
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.