County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/041/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, TOURISM, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Assist in providing technical advice on planning, direction; overseeing; coordinating; evaluation and implementation of Tourism programs/projects within the department;
• Assist in initiation, formulation, review and implementation of policies on Tourism;
• Assist in coordinating and consulting with county, regional and National bodies on matter relating to tourism as well developing appropriate vision for the Department.
• Undertaking the promotion of domestic and international tourism;
• Follow-up on the implementation of bilateral and multi-lateral tourism agreements/protocols;
• Undertake market surveys, tourism research and profile of all tourist attractions in the County;
• Co-ordinate classification of hotels, restaurants and other tourism establishments;
• Maintain linkages with tourism stakeholders such as parastatals , tours and travel associations;
• Assist in integrating national development policies, goals and objectives into the County tourism functions.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Should possess Bachelor’s degree in Tourism or any other equivalent qualification in a related field from a recognized institution;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5) years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in Tourism management services in the public service or its equivalent in the private sector;
iii. A master’s degree in any one of the following fields:- Tourism, Environmental Science Business Administration, Economic, Commerce, Sociology, Geography or International Relations or any other equivalent qualification in a related field from recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
iv. A clear understanding of the overall National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to translate them into Tourism policies and programmes;
v. Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of Tourism management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply