County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/032/2017/2018: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, TREASURY, JOB GROUP „Q‟, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Assist in preparing contract liability projections for the identification and budgeting of contractual and legal financial obligations;
• Preparation and implementation plans and cash management;
• Assist financial management and accounting matters;
• Systematic scheduling of expenditures consistent with work plan;
• Coordinating the preparation of the Ministerial and Sectoral Public Expenditure Review reports.
• Ensuring periodic reviews of accounting standards and procedures are carried out;
• Enforcing compliance with the accounting standards and procedures by all the accounting units;
• Ensuring compilation of the final treasury memorandum and submission to the Chief Officer;
• Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
i. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification)
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in a busy commercial or public financial Accounting and treasury environment of not less than five (5) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senior managerial position in public service or equivalent in the private sector;
iii. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration, Commerce or their approved relevant equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution is an added advantage;
iv. Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
v. Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
vi. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
viii. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation in financial accounting services;
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.