County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/035/2017/18: DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF VETERINARY SERVICES JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE POST.
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Coordinating, monitoring and reviewing all disease and vector control activities and programs in the county.
• Supervise disease & vector control programs within the county.
• Coordinate implementation of animal disease control activities such as surveillance, treatment and vaccination.
• Participate in developing disease control strategies that ensure reduced incidences of disease outbreaks and eventually create disease free zones.
• Supervise all private Animal health providers supporting disease & vector control initiatives within the county
• Supervises hides and skins development activities within the county
• Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports on disease surveillance and control activities;
• Ensure smooth running of livestock markets and issue movement controls
• Plan vaccination activities and other disease control measures;
• Coordinate programs on the control of animal diseases
• Ensure timely response to disease outbreak by enforcing livestock improvement regulations.
• Budgeting for disease control activities in the county;
• Supervise revenue collection from vaccinations, licensing, livestock movement permits and dispatches.
Requirement for appointment:-
i. Be in possession of a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
ii. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in Veterinary services( Disease and Vector Control)management of not less than five (5) years ,three (3) of which must be at a senior managerial position in the public service or its equivalent in the private sector.
iii. A Master of Science Degree in any of the following disciplines: Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgery, Livestock Economy, Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Diagnostics, Veterinary Epidemiology or related field from a recognized university/institution will be an added advantage.
iv. Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
v. Attended a Senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Have shown outstanding administrative capability and professional competence required in managing diseases and vector control services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.