County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions
REF: TUR/CPSB/029/2017/2018/: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, VOCATIONAL TRAINING, JOB GROUP “Q”, ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Coordinating equitable distribution of the materials, tools and equipment to Vocational Training Centers;
• Monitoring implementation of curricular activities to maintain standards;
• Assessing upcoming Vocational Training Centers capacity for registration as training institutions and examination centers;
• Managing disbursement of subsidized Vocational Training Centers;
• Tuition scheme and grants;
• Co-ordinate the establishment of Boards to manage Vocational training Centre’s;
• Supporting the identification, promotion and development of innovative initiatives in Vocational Training Centers;
• Promoting development of talent through creative arts (music, art and drama);
• Managing inter-Centre exchange programs to enhance learning;
• Popularizing Vocational Training Centers to target communities;
• Monitoring the development and maintenance of assets and skills inventories in Vocational Training Centers;
• Participating in administering examinations in Vocational Training Centers;
Requirements for appointment:-
I. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Education or Technology education from an institution recognized in Kenya;
vi. Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five (5), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position social protection services in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
ii. A Masters in relevant field is an added advantage;
vii. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
viii. Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix. Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
x. Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of social protection services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.