County Goverment of Turkana
Turkana County Public Service Board invites applications from competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
REF: TUR/CPSB/009/2017/2018: DIRECTOR, WATER SERVICES, JOB GROUP „R‟ ONE (1) POST
Duties and responsibilities:-
i. Organization , direction , control and coordination of the functions of the Department ;
ii. Interpretation and application of water resource management laws and other related statutes in line with the county goals and objectives;
iii. Assist in the development of appropriate County water policies legal and institutional framework for the implementation of mandate of the Ministry;
iv. Assist in providing technical and management guidance in all aspects of water resources management;
v. Provide technical guidance in performing design work and scientific calculation on water projects and programmes;
vi. Interpretation of design drawing and specification and calculation in regard to water projects and programmes; ;
vii. Plans and direct construction, maintenance and operation of water resources and supplies system;
viii. Assess, design and oversee construction irrigation project and distribution of water systems;
ix. Preparation annual work plans and financial budget for the Department;
x. Promote and maintain working relation with relevant government Department;
, research institutions, private sector donors and civil society;
xi. Ensuring strict compliance with all financial budget and procurement procedure;
xii. Perform other relevant duties that may be assign form time to time;
Requirement for appointment:-
• A Bachelor of Science degree from recognized university in any the following discipline: water and irrigation, water engineering, civil engineering, agricultural engineering, water and soil engineering or related field;
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in water resource management of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Have relevant knowledge, experiences and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years;
• Should be registered with relevant body;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of environmental management services.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract.
Salary, allowances and other benefits are per the rates prescribed by the salaries and remuneration commission.
HOW TO APPLY
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawaitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway.
All applications to reach the office before the close of business on Monday, 15th June, 2018
Important information to all candidates;
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• Officers serving with the County Government of Turkana will be required to fill form TCPSB 2B which will be collected from Turkana County Public Service Board Offices during working hours.
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply