County Government of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Kilifi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Department of Devolution, Public Service and Disaster Management
2. Assistant Director, Human Resource Management J/G ‘P’ (1 Post) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/32/06/18- Re advertisement
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Officer will be accountable to the Head of Human Resource Management for the following:-
• Prepare annual budget for Human Resource and oversee their implementation and control.
• Plan and execute effective Human Resource Development programs and build a highly skilled Human Resource.
• Analyzing the Human Resource Management structures and systems.
• Determining and proposing methods/strategies of handling Human Resource Management function.
• Initiating and developing human resource management policies geared towards instilling the right attitude, values and culture in line with the overall service mission and vision.
• Proposing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology.
• Maintaining Human Resource data base for officers whose schemes of service fall under the management of the division.
• Researching on relevant regulations and standards such as industrial relations.
• Co-ordinating development of strategic/action plans for the Human Resource Management Division.
Requirements for Appointment
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Business Administration, Education, Sociology, Political Science/Government and social science.
• A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations/ Public or Business Administration/Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• Relevant working experience of not less than (10) years.
• Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Terms of Service: – Permanent
Salary Scale: 81,940 – 109,800 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
§ Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
§ Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.