County Government of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Department of Education and ICT
1. Assistant Director, Vocational Training J/G P (1 Post) EF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/67/06/18
The officer will be reporting to the Director Education and Training
Duties and Responsibilities
• Directing the formulation and implementation of County Vocational training policies.
• Coordinate Vocational training education programs in the County
• Develop partnership with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Vocational training centers
• Coordinating equitable distribution of materials, tools and equipment to Vocational training centers
• Monitoring implementation of curricular and co-curricular activities to maintain standards.
• Managing inter Vocational centers exchange programs to enhance learning.
• Promoting of Technical Vocational training as alternative skills process
• Mobilization of resources for technical industrial and entrepreneurship training and programs
Requirement for appointment
• Served for a period of not less than ten (10) years in the directorate of Youth training in the youth polytechnic functions
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Education or Technology Education from a recognized institution
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Applied Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology,
Catering or hospitality management, Project management, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship from a recognized Institution.
• Knowledge of National Industrial training Authority (NITA) and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TIVET)
• Masters degree in Sciences/Arts from a recognized Institution.
Terms of Service: – Permanent
Salary Scale: 81,940 – 109,800 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
• Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.