County Government of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Kilifi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Department of Lands, Energy, Housing, Physical Planning and Urban Development
1. Board Members of the Kilifi and Malindi Municipal Boards (4 Positions for each Board) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/57/06/18
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the affairs of the Municipality
• Develop and adopt policies, plans, strategies and programmes.
• Formulate and implement an Integrated Development Plan.
• Develop and manage schemes, including sire development, in collaboration with the relevant National and County Agencies
• Implement applicable National and County legislation.
• Prepare and submit annual budget estimates for approval by the County Executives Committee and administer the budget as approved.
• Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies and programmes or plans
• Establish, implement and monitor performance management systems.
• Promote a safe and healthy environments
Requirement for appointment
• Must be a Kenyan citizen
• Degree in Municipal administration or in a relevant field
• Must be a resident of the Municipality
• Must be carrying on business in the Municipality or
• Must have lived in the municipality for at least Five years
Terms of Service: Part time Contract for Five (5) years.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
§ Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
§ Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.