County Government of Kilifi
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KILIFI
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
The Kilifi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Department of Devolution, Public Service and Disaster Management
5. Assistant Office Administrator III J/G ‘H’ (4 Posts) REF:CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/35/06/18- Re advertisement
The Assistant Office Administrator I will be accountable for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Taking oral dictation; using e-office to research and process data
• Operating office equipment
• Attending to visitors and clients
• Handling telephone calls
• Coordinating schedules of meetings and appointments
• Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials
• Preparing responses to routine correspondence
• Managing office protocol and etiquette
• Managing petty cash
• Monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements
• Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office,
• Coordinating travel arrangements
• Handling customer inquiries and complaints
• Establishing and undertaking any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned.
Requirement for Appointments
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, mean grade C- (minus) with at least C (plain) in English or Kiswahili Language or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC)
• Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES & GC) from the Kenya National Examinations Council in the following subjects:
• Shorthand II (80 w.p.m.)
• Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/ Computerized Document Processing III
• Business English II/ Communications I
• Commerce II
• Office Practice II
• Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III
• Secretarial Duties II
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of service for Assistant Office Administrator III:
Terms of Service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 22,380 – 27,680 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 4th day of July, 2018.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
§ Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
§ Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.